Clay-court tennis is all about the journey and not the end. It reflects hard work, patience, and endurance.
It rewards those who think before they act, who are creative, and who are flexible. It can humble you and it can make you feel invincible. Not surprisingly, the skills required to win on clay are the same skills required to win in life; hence it is the right surface for players of all ages.
REASONS TO CHOOSE A HAR-TRU SURFACE
REASONS TO CHOOSE A CLAY SURFACE
- It's the surface 88% of the World's top players grew up on.
- Har-Tru allows you to play more hours a day and more days a week without over-stressing your joints.
- You will develop essential core footwork and balance skills that play on other surfaces just doesn’t teach.
- You will develop a complete all-court game.
- You will learn how to construct a point and beat higher-ranked players.
- Playing on Har-Tru will improve your endurance.
- You are seven times less likely to be injured on a Har-Tru court.
- The softer, sliding nature of clay protects the body from injury.
- It is extremely difficult to end a point and to do so a player must learn a wide variety of shots, spins, and angles.
- Longer points and longer matches help players develop their strength, fitness, and endurance.
- More shots come back on clay and players learn to be patient.
- Long points mean more decisions must be made per point resulting in improved decision making.
- Adjusting to losing a point because of a bad bounce or loss of footing helps players mature emotionally.
- Conditions on clay can be fast or slow depending on the day. Players learn to recognize this and adapt.
In short, you will add more game to your life and more life to your game